Magi.
Happy May Day
Black, broken, clear-winged, it moves into darkness
across the floor of the kitchen
by a tropism the culmination of a billion years.
I am reminded of the Angels;
like a man who does not want lizards and rodents
to dwell where he does dwell,
they were loath to share Creation with man.
Man in likeness and reminder
in his fear, in his rampancy, in his laziness
altogether divine
of the one They owed least love towards.
I sit in the kitchen
stabbed, deservedly, by the Angel of May.
Happy May Day
Black, broken, clear-winged, it moves into darkness
across the floor of the kitchen
by a tropism the culmination of a billion years.
I am reminded of the Angels;
like a man who does not want lizards and rodents
to dwell where he does dwell,
they were loath to share Creation with man.
Man in likeness and reminder
in his fear, in his rampancy, in his laziness
altogether divine
of the one They owed least love towards.
I sit in the kitchen
stabbed, deservedly, by the Angel of May.
Bringing old age, thou hast come, O unageing Dawn...
Unageing, thou dost make to age all else
no subject
Date: 2015-05-02 05:17 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-05-02 07:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-05-03 06:42 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-05-05 08:27 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-05-05 08:43 pm (UTC)